Wednesday 13 January 2010

Loving My Lunch!

Much as I love them both, when it comes to food, I’m fed up mooching around M & S and I’m bored with Boots. And that can only mean one thing...

It’s time to start packing my own lunch!

Okay, so this isn’t the first time I’ve launched myself into lunch brought from home and on every previous occasion I’ve lasted about a week before I’m sick of the sight of soggy cheese sandwiches and a bashed apple.

Not this time - oh no!!

To keep me keen (and lean) I’ve invested in the cutest lunchboxes ever. They arrived yesterday and bring a smile to my face with the thought of all the dinky delights I’m going to pack into them.

They come from a brilliant company called Pinks and Green, and range from teeny yoghurt pot size up to fairly chunky sandwich size. You even get a boy and girl version - although I opted for the boy version as it has a dog on one of them (wouldn’t like to upset Hobbs with a cat).

Too cool for school!

You’ll have noticed by now that they are clearly designed with kids in mind, but why should they get all the fun when it comes to food?

Now what shall I pack in them first? Crudities with dip in the middle sized one? Some chopped fruit and yoghurt in the smaller one? Chicken and salad in the big one? Definitely some chocolate raisins in that teeny little one!

2 comments:

  1. Hello there! i just finished your book, and kept wondering why you didn't take leftovers etc! i enjoyed the book, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there - thanks for reading the book and I'm really glad you enjoyed it.

    To be honest, I didn't take left-overs for lunch as we never really have any and if you'd ever tasted how bad my cooking was, you'd know why they are dishes that you don't want to re-visit x

    ReplyDelete