Monday 2 January 2012

2012 - It All Becomes Clear

Clarus: the latin word for 'clear', which over time has gone through Italian and French alterations and ended up being Clari (admittedly, not a massive change considering it probably took place over hundreds of years).

But, those are the first five letters of just three things that are going to make a big difference to my life in 2012...

Clarity: No more faffing around! I need a clear idea of what I really want to do with my life, where I want to be and how I want to get there. It will also mean clearing of debt and clearing of clutter - two things which I never fully seem to get to grips with despite convincing myself that my life would be perfect if neither were in it.

Clarinet: My Christmas gift from Mother and suggested by my consultant as a way to help build my breathing up a bit. Originally, this was going to be achieved through opera singing lessons, but - as I'm reliably told by several of my nearest and dearest that my singing 'would scare rats off a bin' - this idea was ditched, even though it was obvious to me that they were simply jealous of my dulcet tones and were lying to cover up their envy.

Clarisonic: You can't take on the world - or learn a musical instrument - unless you're looking your best and having banged on for the last year about how great my skin could be with this little device, Kevin relented and asked Santa if I could have it as I'd been a (reasonably) good girl over the last twelve months. I'll be unrecognisable by the end of January!

I'll keep you posted on whether it's all going to plan, but in the meantime, I hope 2012 brings you a little clarity too. If, however, it's brought you a clarinet, let me know and we might try to get a band together...

5 comments:

  1. read this next jan..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. I reckoned if I put it in writing, I had to stick to it. Got to have a plan... xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. best of luck though

    ReplyDelete
  4. you missed out Clarins!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha - yes I did. Sorry Clarins, you're in there too...
    xx

    ReplyDelete