Sunday 14 June 2009

Weddings, Wine & Wonderful News!

Over the past few weeks, I’ve been getting more tests for another suspected tumour and while 90% of me was fairly certain that there couldn’t possibly be another, that little 10% was constantly doubting; waking me up in the night and invading all my happy thoughts.

So, who was I to argue when on Friday evening my consultant called to tell me that all was well, no secondary tumour had sneaked in there when we weren’t looking and that I should enjoy my weekend with a few celebratory drinks?

And what better way to do that than at the wedding of two people who the term ‘soul mates’ could have been dreamt up for. Having exchanged vows in a castle in Italy, Gillian and Jonathan returned home for a second celebration in Glasgow University and we were lucky enough to join them.
I know they say all brides are stunning, but when I saw Gillian (and the way that Jonathan was gazing at her), I almost burst into tears. And trust me when I say that it wasn’t with jealousy over her strappy, silver Jimmy Choos!

For once, I was even quite happy with my own outfit. Weddings usually see me more hysterical than your typical Bride-zilla (and with more dress fittings) but with so many previous purchases guiltily stored away, I was able to find something quite fitting. Actually it was very fitting and one of the few outfits I could fasten, having put on a stone in weight since the op.

I might not have been able to breathe in it without bursting the seams, but I did manage a few celebratory drinks. Doctors orders...

2 comments:

  1. So glad to of hear the good news from your consultant. May it remain that way!
    I too need to lose some weight - I don't have the excuess of a serious operation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa! I'm sure you don't even need to lose an ounce.

    If you're anything like me though - and I suspect you are - you've got a whole load of "If I Just Gave Up Chocolate This Would Fit Me" clothes.

    But surely life is too short to give up chocolate...

    ReplyDelete