Friday 17 July 2009

Hobbs on Holiday

It's that time of year when the cases get dragged out and the dog casually lolls around watching us rush about, packing his toys and treats. I'm now more convinced than ever that he thinks we are his 'staff'.

As we're holidaying here in the UK, the packing covers every conceivable weather change from a nuclear winter to a day in the driest, sun parched desert.

However, one thing never changes and that's the 'Holiday Uniform' that has accompanied me on my trips to Arran since I was about 4.

It comprises wellington boots (although I have progressed from Dunlop to Hunter these days), shorts, a long sleeve t-shirt and a waterproof jacket. It's a summer staple and once I've got Hobbs' packing finished, they'll be the first things getting loaded into my suitcase.

See you all in two weeks...

3 comments: