Sunday 5 July 2009

Vacancy: Professional Competition Entrant

I know they say there is no such thing as a free lunch, but sometimes - just sometimes - there really are freebies to be had and my chum, Susie, is proof that you can get your paws on them.

Susie, otherwise known as Killer Miller due to her black belt in Tae Kwon Do, has been doing her bit for her bank balance recently by trying to cut back, so you can imagine how excited she was when she spotted a month long beauty giveaway in Glamour magazine.

Like any girl, she is powerless to resist the lure of a free lipstick, so Susie set out her strategy. I’ll let her explain:

“As the prizes were things like mascara, fake eyelashes and eye creams, and they had 500 or 250 of each thing to give away, I figured that if I entered every day I would surely win something. I set my Outlook calendar to remind me to enter first thing every morning, then all I had to do was go to the Glamour website and answer an easy peasy question.

“By the end of the month I was flying through the entry form over my morning coffee and then promptly forgot all about it until a padded envelope arrived in the post last week with an Oil of Olay body lotion with sunless tanner, a night cream with tanner and the UV protection daily moisturising fluid!

“Then joy of joys another envelope arrived last Friday with a Collection 2000 lip gloss in it! Now I am eagerly awaiting the post every day in case I've been pulled out the hat for something else.”

Her postman has probably never felt so loved, but it goes to show that a little effort goes a long way in the quest for gratis goodies.

1 comment:

  1. I have also since received a Burts Bees lipbalm from the same comp! Spent a large part of this morning on the marie claire website as they've got a lot of comps on the go at the moment - have my eye on a trip to new york!

    ReplyDelete