Saturday 19 December 2009

Farewell My Love

The end of a love affair is hard to bear and although I knew mine couldn’t go on forever, I had no idea it would stop so suddenly.

One minute you’re merrily skipping through life and the next you’re standing at the Chanel counter in Debenhams wearing an expression like a startled trout and saying, “How much?!” over and over again.

That was how, after many happy years together, my skincare and I parted.

Admittedly for a good few of those years I’ve come up with all manner of excuses and promises to cut back on other little luxuries to justify my costly cream, but with my day cream alone now weighing in at a hefty £82 (yes, that’s £82), the only way I can justify it, is if I give up food altogether.

Maybe one day we’ll kiss and make up again, but for now I’ll just have to live with my memories of our happy times together.

No comments:

Post a Comment