Tuesday 9 February 2010

All Slog & No Blog

Two weeks and not a word typed!!

Between my poorly partner having another set back in his recovery and my foolish decision to have the entire flat carpeted in one day (where the hell will all the furniture go?), it’s been all slog and no blog.

I’ve spent the last fourteen days desperately trying to clear out as much clutter as possible before the fitters arrive tomorrow and despite numerous trips to the bin shed / charity shop / council tip, there appears to be more stuff than ever before.

If nothing else, it has – yet again – flagged up just how much we own versus how much we need.

Having so many possessions is exhausting! It’s stressful and a horrible reminder of all the things you’ve bought, never used and then stuffed in a box, only to uncover them a couple of times a year so you can feel guilty about them all over again.

Perhaps this is the starting point of turning my dream of clutter free, minimalist living into a reality.

If only I could remember where I put the dog...

3 comments:

  1. You have hit the nail on the head!! That is exactly the guilt I feel when I open the hall cupboard and look in all the boxes. They are all full of my things, I never seem to need to use any of it, but I can't bring myself to throw anything out because I'm attached to it in some way. Maybe I need to be really ruthless!! S x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've noticed that the more I chuck, the easier it gets. It's actually quiet liberating, but I'm still having rather wobbly moments over ridiculous items that I have become attached for no real reason.

    Perhaps we should have a day where you come to my house and help me see how ridiculous I'm being by pointing at said object and laughing - if it works, I'll come over to yours and do the same.

    We'll be clutter free in no time!

    A
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. an excellent plan. at the very least we will need some cake to enable us to carry out this vital task. S x

    ReplyDelete