Thursday 8 April 2010

Sentence or spree?

Three years - a prison sentence or a shopping spree?

The Daily Mail ran a feature today (with a little contribution from myself) on how many years the average woman spends shopping and it came in at roughly two years and ten months.

I dread to think what my total would have been if I hadn’t reined in my retail therapy when I did.

The article and talking to its writer has given me the kick start I needed to embark on a few months of minimalism again. I’ve noticed recently that little items and unnecessary indulgences are slipping back into my basket.

I know the warning signs now - the panic buy; the ‘essential item’ that will transform my wardrobe and the subsequent, desperate hunt to find it; spending £40 in Boots and then realising that all I’ve bought are sets of false eyelashes that I will NEVER wear.

So, I’m going back to basics for a while.

I’ve also been very neglectful of my blog lately.

The excitement of Spring, and all the good things I was hoping it would bring, have given me rather a lot to think about and do.

As well as another round of stopping shopping, I’ve made a few more decisions - with the help of Kevin & Hobbs - that I hope will work out towards changing all of our lives for the better and I can't wait to share them.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you back Auntie Alexis. Muttie has been missing your blog.

    Can't wait to hear your life-changing news.

    Milt x

    ReplyDelete