Monday 26 April 2010

Shoe Slip-up

Just days into my latest cessation of shopping and I’ve slipped up!

Not only am I furious with myself for being so weak willed, but I’ve also been taught a lesson by the ‘Serves-you-right’ Sales Fairy.

Months ago I had openly drooled over a pair of Mulberry shoes, so when a trip to M & S for a quick sarnie unearthed a pair so incredibly similar that the drool reaction kicked in again, I just had to take them to the till.

£45 down and laden with guilt, I went home to confess to Kevin, who did his 'disappointed' face.

It was only a couple of days ago that my punishment became apparent…

Back in M & S - and on the search for another sandwich - I spot the same shoes reduced to £19!! Worse than that, I can’t return the shoes without the refund staff taking them from me and there were no other size 5s on the shelf.

So, much as I love them, I’m stuck with shoes that I’ve paid £26 too much for. Grrrrr!!

The Real Deal

No comments:

Post a Comment