Wednesday 26 January 2011

13 - Unlucky for some

Thirteen - my lucky number.

Well, it has to be really when it's my birth date; although having my 13th birthday on Friday 13th was a little freaky, but that's another story for another time.

Anyway, that's just waffling to get away from me having to make my confession. And here is it - on Day 13 of my Not Shopping, I bought something!

Now before you start shouting at me, I know it was bad but it wasn't something for me, and besides I've already been told off by my boss, Andrew, who spied the bag, looked at me over the top of his glasses (he means business when he does that) and tersely told me, "I've been reading your blog...".

Basically, I'd bought Kevin a book and his favourite little Leone sweets, which came to just a penny short of £13. I'd been a horrible grump to him and felt that more than just a mumbled "Sorry" was required*.

So, should I abandon 13 as my lucky number now that it signifies my teeny tumble from the wagon? I had thought so, until I realised that £10 of the money I had in my wallet was from a lottery ticket win, so really I'd only spent £3!!

Altogether now - "I should be so lucky; lucky, lucky, lucky!"

*If you ever find yourself in a situation where more than "Sorry" is required, I'd recommend a small peace offering - trust me, it's considerably cheaper than sulking overnight at a hotel

4 comments:

  1. Alexis when did you "buy" the lottery ticket??
    If you didn't buy anything for yourself - shouldn't all be forgiven?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa,

    It was a ticket my Mum had popped in my Christmas stocking and there was mucho whooping when I got three numbers - I'd forgotten that I'd cashed it the day before my purchases.

    I'd like to think I'd be forgiven for such a minor misdemeanour.

    A xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you can be forgiven this one little slip up, when it was basically for a good cause, matrimonial harmony.

    Maybe you should change your lucky number to 1 it works out cheaper.

    By the way what,s with the Kylie Minogue impersonation, I,m the Aussie around here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maureen,

    Perhaps we could do it as a duet? Although, with my singing it's more likely to be the cat's chorus.

    Hope the floods are subsiding.

    A
    xx

    ReplyDelete